Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Poster

(click for a closer look)

I created the poster above for a promotion Lucasfilm and HP are running called Art Awakens. The artwork they select will be shown at Gallery 1988 in LA and then auctioned off, with proceeds going to UNICEF Kid Power.

I won't know if my piece really captures the spirit of the movie until "The Force Awakens" comes out in December, but I did a lot of research on the new characters to make my piece as authentic as possible. From the costumes to the hairstyles to the spaceships, I tried to get the details right. I did a matte painting-esque mountain range in the background that I hope harkens back to the original movies. And I even threw in a lens flare for J.J. Abrams (and because it looks cool).

You can see my piece on the Art Awakens website here (it takes a minute to load). Or you can just click on the image above for a good look.

No comments:

Post a Comment