Saturday, January 16, 2010

Assignments

I'm taking a class at over at Schoolism.com at the moment. The course list must've been developed with me in mind. They teach comic book penciling, character design, storyboarding, and a bunch of other sweet stuff. Plus, they've got a system that actually works for web-based learning, so check them out, if you're interested.

Currently, I'm taking character design (for animation) with Stephen Silver. One of the exercises he suggests is a self-caricature based on events from the last week. It's all about drawing quickly and with confidence. It doesn't matter if the final drawing isn't polished - that's not the point. I enjoyed it.

Me drawing at my art table:




and me almost burning down my apartment with microwave popcorn. It smelled for days ...


No comments:

Post a Comment